The mission of World Services for the Blind is to empower people who are blind or visually impaired in the United States and around the world to achieve sustainable independence. We help individuals reach their goals through life skills and career training. Although each client's tuition and fees are covered by their states, WSB relies on financial contributions for almost everything else, from computers and other classroom technology to furnishings and appliances for dorms.
There are many ways to donate to World Services for the Blind.
Click the DONATE button to give with PayPal.
Make a recurring monthly donation of $10, $25, $50 or more through our automatic withdrawal program. Click here to download the form (link). [May be able to make this a form that lives on the website
Give the Old-Fashioned Way
Send a check or money order to World Services for the Blind, 2811 Fair Park Blvd., Little Rock, AR 72204.
Give Tax-Free Through Your IRA
This is a giving opportunity for those over 70½. Federal legislation allows you to make tax-free distributions from your IRA directly to a charity, such as World Services for the Blind. This distribution means no increased income or payment of additional tax. This gift must be completed by December 31, 2017, to claim the benefit.
IRA Rollover Qualification:
- Donors must be age 70½ or older at the time of transfer.
- Distributions must be made (1) directly from the trustee (2) directly to the qualified charity.
- Gifts up to $100,000 are eligible.
- This qualifies toward the IRA owner's Required Minimum Distributions.
- Distributions are not included in the owner's adjusted gross income.
- No taxes are paid on qualified charitable distributions.
- "Qualified Charitable Contributions" cannot be made from 401(k) or 403(b) accounts and cannot be made to charitable remainder trusts, gift annuities or donor-advised funds.
Give Through Your Will
Create a perpetual, living legacy. Your will is an expression of the values and beliefs that have guided your life and is an excellent way to provide for those individuals, organizations and causes that have been important to you.
Please consider including World Services for the Blind in your estate plans. If you have already made a bequest or plan to do so, let us know; we would like to express our gratitude to you now for your generosity.
A provision for WSB can be made in your will with language as simple as:
“I give, devise and bequeath to World Services for the Blind, 2811 Fair Park Boulevard, Little Rock, AR 72204, an Arkansas not-for-profit organization, the sum of $____ (dollar amount) or ____% (percentage) of my estate (or residue of my estate) for the purpose of supporting the programs, activities and operations of World Services for the Blind.”