Case Manager/Retention Specialist
World Services for the Blind is currently seeking a case manager/retention specialist. The person in this position will provide oversight to all aspects of the client’s program at WSB from referral to follow-up, to ensure quality services that best meet the client’s needs, to be the client advocate at WSB, and to deal with all aspects of client behavior. Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Make contact with client prior to their arrival to make introductions and answer any questions;
- Complete intake paperwork on the date a client arrives, and return paperwork to Admissions within two business days;
- Send introduction email to state counselor, in order to form initial relationship;
- Schedule a staffing for 3 weeks out from a client’s arrival, and every one month thereafter, whether in pre-vocational or vocational training;
- Email staffing notes to state counselor and appropriate WSB staff for all staffings held;
- Continue to build relationship with state counselor through regular e-mails, phone calls, etc.;
- Meet with all clients on caseload at least once per week, in order to:
- provide a complete overview of their status at weekly client status meetings;
- ensure that the client has the best schedule for their training needs, and advocate for schedule changes at weekly scheduling meetings.
- If unable to be present for weekly client status and/or scheduling meetings, provide status updates and schedule changes to supervisor prior to the meeting;
- Facilitate communication with state counselor for the rest of team;
- Inform state counselor immediately of any and all changes in client’s situation;
- Inform WSB staff of client program changes, and periods of out of schedule and/or being off campus;
- Document all interactions and/or meetings with clients in ETO;
- Write monthly reports and upload to ETO;
- Mediate disputes if clients cannot resolve;
- Give guidance or correction when needed;
- Provide program explanations if a client is trying to make a decision;
- Schedule client exit interviews;
- Complete discharge memos prior to client departure.
- Escalate potential problems or issues in a timely manner to appropriate staff
- Serve as backup to Director of Recruiting and Retention for giving tours of WSB
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert working Grant writing team on new initiatives.
- Occasional outreach and travel may be required
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree required. A minimum of 2 years’ experience in case management preferred.
Special Skills Necessary
- Ability to develop and maintain wholesome professional relationships with trainees, volunteers, peers, other professional, supervisory and administrative staff, and other agencies.
- Have an appropriate appreciation for the disciplines represented on the center’s staff and the interrelationship of dual roles with the total center’s scope of activities.
- Willingness and ability to be flexible in fulfilling demanding commitments in providing consultative services and in reaching out to other agencies in the role of case manager.
- Accepts others without regard to their background.
- Has as appreciation for the emotional dynamics associated with blindness, and a good knowledge of causes, current trends and prevalence of blindness.
- Ability to be a good listener, non-possessive, empathetic, warm and genuine in relation to others.
- Ability to sustain confidence with trainees on matters of privileged communications; and, willingness and ability to share information and involve other staff appropriately for the benefit of individual trainees.
- Special ability for organizing and presenting clear information in written or oral form with trainees and counseling with individuals in accepting appropriate and effective manner.
- A thorough understanding and appreciation for the history of services for the blind, WSB, available resources and agencies and a special understanding and acceptance of the philosophy of rehabilitation of the blind.
- Shows compassion toward clients and staff.
- Possess appropriate inter and intra-personnel skills.
HR/Business Office Specialist
World Services for the Blind is currently seeking an HR/Business Office Specialist. Qualified candidates will possess the following skills and experience.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Human Resource Responsibilities
- Promotes the organization’s mission, vision and values by effectively communicating them to others
- Considers mission, vision and values in developing services, standards and practices
- Prepares or updates employment records related to hiring, transferring, promoting and terminating
- Explains human resources policies, procedures, laws, and standards to new and existing employees
- Ensures new hire paperwork is completed and processed
- Informs job applicants of job duties, responsibilities, benefits, schedules, working conditions, promotion opportunities, etc.
- Addresses any employment relations issues, such as work complaints and harassment allegations
- Processes all personnel action forms and ensuring proper approval
- Oversees hiring process, which includes coordinating job posts, reviewing resumes and performing reference checks
- Assists with recruiting qualified candidates
- Interviews applicants
- Processes transfers, promotions and terminations
- Conducts training sessions
- Administers on-the-job training programs
- Evaluates the effectiveness of training programs
- Maintains records of employee participation in all training and development programs
- Analyzes job duties and current job descriptions
- Performs job evaluations and job analyses
- Assists with processing employee grievances
- Oversees engagement programs and other employee relations work
- Conducts workplace safety inspections
- Maintains accident records
- Prepares government reports as to remain in compliance
- Investigates and serves as company representation on unemployment or EEOC complaints
- Other duties as assigned
Business Office Responsibilities
- Collection of accounts receivable
- Customer service
- Receives incoming and outgoing calls from customers and effectively communicates charges Assists customers with questions and concerns regarding the billing and collections of accounts
- Works on special projects as assigned
- Assist with posting payments
- Compiles reports and completes correspondence to be mailed with invoices.
- Utilizes reminder when requesting additional information from other co-workers or departments
- Responds to correspondence from customers in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates proficiency in billing and follow up
- Proficient in accessing information needed from Peachtree and ETO software
- Ability to gather, interpret and communicate information in an efficient and effective manner, both verbally and in writing
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite required, with ability to create and update spreadsheets, reports and documents.
- Proficiency in Accounting Software (Peachtree) and database applications (ETO) preferred.
- Ability to complete projects independently.
- Ensures all data and reports are shared with the administration business office, as appropriate.
- Processes accounts payable in accordance with business office policy and procedure
- Perform all payroll related job duties
- Coordinates the daily flow of financial information / documentation to and from the business office to facilitate the timely billing and collection of accounts receivable.
- Track donor information and send donor letters in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Organizational Management or related discipline. (Equivalent work experience may be substituted)
- Minimum of 2 years accounting, bookkeeping or record keeping experience,
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality regarding client, customer, employee and company proprietary information
- Must have the ability to relate professionally and positively and work cooperatively with clients, customer, families and other employees at all levels
- Detail orientated
- Ability to balance workloads efficiently
- Ability to adapt to changing work environments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent inter/intra personnel skills
- Meet deadlines under stringent time constraints
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Ability to work with diverse populations
- High level of professionalism
- Possesses a strong sense of empathy and compassion during difficult conversations
Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, handicap or veteran status.